Hatfield Indonesia is seeking a full time Environmental and Natural Resources Specialist for our operations in Bogor, Indonesia.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the environment and natural resources management and experience working on projects in Southeast Asia. The candidate will have knowledge in fields such as environmental management and assessment, forest management, biodiversity conservation, coastal and marine ecology, or climate change mitigation. The successful candidate’s expertise will be applied in sectors such as climate change, energy, mining, infrastructure, agriculture, and forestry as a part of inter-disciplinary teams supporting our clients in the private sectors, international development institutions, non-governmental organizations, and government of Indonesia.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional seeking a new challenge working in one of Indonesia’s leading environmental companies, or for an early career professional seeking to gain experience in a range of areas and sectors. You will be joining a multi-cultural and collaborative organization that truly cares about employee career progression with a focus on delivering quality services. In addition to working with our Indonesian and international team members in Bogor, you will also interface with Hatfield’s teams in Vancouver and Calgary, Canada. Bogor is located south of Jakarta, Indonesia and offers a good working and living environment, with easy access to Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
- Study design, analysis, and reporting related to projects in a range of sectors; ensuring projects fulfill all relevant local, provincial, national, and international environmental regulations/standards.
- Management of projects, including preparation of project work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Management of technical activities through coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Preparation and editing of proposals, reports, and quality assurance and control of project data and maps to ensure high standards.
- Support marketing and business development activities in Indonesia for existing and potential clients, strengthening relationships with clients, and networking to generate opportunities. Remaining current with the direction and status of projects and opportunities for the company.
Education and Experience:
- BSc. in environmental or natural resources management or a similar field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including in Southeast Asia.
- Experience with delivering projects in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working with private sector companies.
- Experience working with international development organizations, finance institutions, or other international development organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and technical or scientific writing.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Consulting experience.
- Knowledge of project development processes in Indonesia (e.g., land use types, impact assessment).
- Creative, energetic, with an adventurous spirit.
- Basic comprehension of the Indonesian language.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include Environmental & Natural Resources Specialist – International” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please submit only via email and not through the online submission “Apply Now” form.