With more than 30 years of environmental and social consulting experience in Indonesia, PT Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development and promoting a rewarding and inclusive work environment. Our organizational structure encourages an accessible, collaborative, and down-to-earth management approach that cares about employee career progression.
PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is seeking a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our team. This role involves managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, and performing detailed financial analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience in handling a wide range of accounting and financial tasks in Indonesia.
Accounting and Finance Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, etc.) in collaboration with the Finance Manager and Accounting team members.
- Balance and reconcile Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable sub-ledgers monthly.
- Oversee the Accounting and Finance team in conducting monthly analysis of the General Ledger.
- Analyze financial data to identify improvement opportunities and recommend strategies to enhance financial performance.
- Balance and reconcile all inter-company accounts at the end of each month.
- Communicate closely with key stakeholders (PTHI President Director, General Manager, Business Unit Leaders, and Project Managers) to ensure smooth operation of the company’s accounting system.
- Work with the PTHI management team to enhance efficiency and optimize company operations.
- Develop and implement strategies to prevent financial challenges.
- Prepare all financial documents for Board Meeting packages as needed.
- Perform various financial management duties as required to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Oversee tax planning and management.
- Accurately calculate, prepare and timely submit reports for company tax obligations including PPh 21, 23, & 25.
- Ensure timely reporting and management of issues related to overpaid tax.
Payroll and Invoicing:
- Manage and process payroll transactions and prepare regular updates on a monthly basis.
- Prepare external and internal invoices in conjunction with the Accounting team.
- Review and follow up on outstanding invoices.
Administrative and Quality Control:
- Establish Quality Control and Internal Control systems for internationally-accepted financial management.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all Company financial and accounting issues.
- Assist in preparing project contracts with clients and manage equipment purchases.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the accounting and finance staff.
- Improve understanding of Company technical operations for more effective financial management.
- Other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree or advanced professional certification is a plus.
- At least of 10 years experience in accounting or finance roles, with a proven track record in a senior accounting position.
- Familiarity with the accounting and financial regulations and tax laws in Indonesia.
- Strong proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to mentor and lead junior accounting staff.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and independent, with a collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
PT Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or disability.