Hatfield is one of western Canada’s leading environmental consultancies. With 50 years of environmental consulting experience, Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development, a fun and inclusive environment, and providing flexible work arrangements including hybrid work options and a biweekly earned days off program. In addition, we have a flat organizational structure, and a friendly, accessible, and down-to-earth management team that truly cares about employee career progression.
Hatfield is seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join our IT and Digital Solutions groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering our technology systems, ensuring that our systems are current, secure and efficient.
- Oversee and administer our various technology systems. This includes administering our Microsoft 365 systems, third-party SaaS tools, corporate networks, and Microsoft Azure environments.
- Manage IT budgets, equipment purchases and inventories.
- Maintain relationships with technology service providers and manage related projects.
- Assist with all internal digital automation initiatives.
- Ensure the security and integrity of company data and systems by monitoring all technology systems and implementing proactive cybersecurity measures.
- Coordinate activities with our Indonesia and Botswana operations.
- Occasional after-hours work may be required to maintain the integrity and efficiency of our IT systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT operations management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure, IT infrastructure and cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience administering Linux, Windows and Cloud systems.
- Experience managing relationships with third-party vendors.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or disability.
To apply, please submit your CV in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “IT Systems Administrator” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary: $63k – $95k. We extend an invitation to applicants of all levels to submit their candidacy for this role. Please be advised, that in the course of our assessment of your qualifications, we retain the right to adjust the seniority classification of the position accordingly.
Please note that we will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in Canada at the time of application. Proof of eligibility to work in Canada may be required prior to employment.