Hatfield is one of western Canada’s leading environmental consultancies. With 50 years of environmental consulting experience, Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development, a fun and inclusive environment, and providing flexible work arrangements including hybrid work options and a biweekly earned days off program. In addition, we have a flat organizational structure, and a friendly, accessible, and down-to-earth management team that truly cares about employee career progression.
Hatfield is seeking a Digital Automation Specialist to join our IT and Digital Solutions groups. The successful candidate will join our team and will oversee the deployment, integration, and adoption of new digital tools.
- Evaluating business processes, documenting requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and providing multiple implementation options.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to understand their needs and deliver integrated automation solutions for business processes and environmental projects.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting systems using Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power BI, etc.) and other technologies.
- Oversee work done by contractors and other staff working on digital automation projects.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with existing automation systems and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Providing end-user training and documentation.
- Researching and staying updated on the latest trends and best practices in digital automation and related technologies
- Occasional after-hours work may be required to maintain the integrity and efficiency of our IT systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Information Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Or related experience.
- Experience evaluating business processes and gathering requirements.
- Experience developing and implementing digital automation solutions using Microsoft Power Platform or other low-code digital automation platforms.
- Experience with shell scripting (ie Powershell and Bash scripting).
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with human-computer interaction (HCI) usability techniques and user experience (UX) design are an asset.
- Experience with mobile and web-app development are an asset.
We extend an invitation to applicants of all levels to submit their candidacy for this role. Please be advised, that in the course of our assessment of your qualifications, we retain the right to adjust the seniority classification of the position accordingly.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or disability.
To apply, please submit your CV in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Digital Automation Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary: $53k – $78k+. We extend an invitation to applicants of all levels to submit their candidacy for this role. Please be advised, that in the course of our assessment of your qualifications, we retain the right to adjust the seniority classification of the position accordingly.
Please note that we will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in Canada at the time of application. Proof of eligibility to work in Canada may be required prior to employment.