With more than 30 years of environmental and social consulting experience in Indonesia, PT Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development and promoting a rewarding and inclusive work environment. Our organizational structure promotes an accessible, collaborative, and down-to-earth management approach that cares about employee career progression.
We are seeking a full-time national Biodiversity Specialist to join our Natural Resource Planning Unit. You are expected to provide a suitable level of technical competency in the subject area(s) for which you are responsible. Your role includes supporting proposal development project implementation and coordinating and supervising other staff and sub-consultants. You will support marketing and business development activities to develop new opportunities for the Company. In addition, you may assume management responsibility as a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager.
We offer a rewarding opportunity to be part of a company that interacts across a wide range of sectors and clients to help us realize our mission to build a sustainable future for our company and our country.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to undertake projects related to forestry, carbon and natural resource surveys, impact assessments, and due diligence in compliance with national regulations and international standards.
- Support the delivery of project activities including preparation of work plans, schedules, budgets, and technical activities including workshops, consultations, and focus group discussions.
- Contribute to the preparation of various documents including proposals and project reports and other deliverables including data compilation and analysis and ensure all data are carefully stored and safely transported to the company’s office in Bogor.
- Ensure QA/QC on project outputs to ensure the highest possible standards are met in accordance with corporate and client standards.
- Support the implementation of company QHSE systems and policies.
- Remain proficient with the direction and status of government initiatives and regulatory revisions as well as industry projects and opportunities to support marketing and business development activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from a reputable university. Master’s degree from a reputable university will be an advantage.
- Five to ten years of experience in forestry projects preferably with a consultancy or in the private sector.
- Able to deliver technical support, program evaluation, and program and policy recommendations for assigned program areas.
- Have expertise in natural resource valuation, and environmental economic and financial feasibility analysis.
- Familiarity with general forestry issues in Indonesia, including biodiversity, REDD, and sustainable forest management.
- Familiarity with Indonesian regulations related to forestry.
- Experience with forest and oil palm certification schemes will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English both oral and written.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, MS Excel, and Statistical Software. Skills in GIS will be advantageous but not necessary.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
PT Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence describing your experience and salary expectations through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position of “Biodiversity Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please submit only via email and not through the online submission “Apply Now” form on the website.